02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
03-Biological Systems and Organisms
04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units listed on here: http://www.biotec.or.th/BIOTECen2015/index.php/news-2015/1114-new-positions-for-biotec-post-doctoral-fellowship-2015-2016 for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in biotechnology.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, protein crystallography, organic chemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines.
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above;
- must not be more than 40 years old on 31 December of the application year;
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC (see sample Acceptance Letter in the guidelines). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Submitting your application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS and BIOTEC. The subject line must contain BIOTEC/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
- Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC (by e-mail).
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
• BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division