- Invitations to the Meeting have been extended to all TWAS Members and a selected number of distinguished personalities from developing and developed countries. Participation is by invitation only.
- TWAS's business meetings are scheduled for the day before the opening, 25 October.
- TWAS Members are asked to arrive on 24 October; other participants on 25 October.
- For queries: email@example.com
Date and Venue. The 25th General Meeting of TWAS will be held at the Shangri La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, during the period 26-29 October 2014. TWAS Business meetings (open to TWAS Members only) will be held on the day before, 25 October 2014.
The meeting is generously hosted by the Government of the Sultanate of Oman through the Ministry of Higher Education, The Research Council and Sultan Qaboos University.
Participation. Invitation to attend the Meeting is extended to all TWAS Members and a selected number of distinguished personalities from developing and developed countries. Participation in the meeting is by invitation only. All participants have been sent (by email) the official invitation, general information about the meeting, the tentative programme and the preliminary registration form.
TWAS Members who have not yet received their invitations should please immediately contact the TWAS Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preliminary Registration Form. The ‘Preliminary Registration Form’ (which is attached to the invitation) must be completed in all its parts and e-mailed to the TWAS Secretariat in Trieste to email@example.com by 21 July 2014.
Photographers during the TWAS Meeting. One or more photographers will be present at the TWAS Meeting. Any photographs or videos taken may be published by TWAS in the context of information and public relations work; for example, in the TWAS Newsletter, on this website (www.twas.org), or on TWAS's Facebook page. They will not be used for commercial purposes. If you are not in agreement with the publication of photographs in which you are featured, please inform us before the meeting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel. Participants should make their own travel plans to reach Muscat International Airport as the final destination. The local hosts will arrange transfers from the airport to the hotel. As all TWAS Members are invited to attend the Regional Meetings (held in parallel on 25 October from 14:00-15:45), TWAS Members should please make arrangements to arrive on 24 October 2014.
All other participants should arrange to arrive on 25 October.
Official Language. The official language of the meeting will be English.
Visa Arrangements. Visas can be requested in two ways:
- If the participant's country is listed in the table below, then an express visa can be arranged for at Muscat International Airport at arrival. The cost of the visa for 10 days is 5 Omani riyals or USD12. If participants wish to be reimbursed, they need to present their visa receipts to TWAS Staff during the event. Reimbursements will be in Euros.
- If the participant's country is not listed above, a copy of the passport plus 2 passport-size pictures (with white background!) should be emailed to Ms. Amal: email@example.com so that staff can process the visa request and then send the documents to the requesting participant.
Accommodation and Meals. Participants will be accommodated at the Shangri La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa for the period of the Meeting.
Our hosts have generously agreed to provide accommodation and meals for a maximum of six nights to TWAS Members (24-29 October inclusive), and five nights for all other invited participants (25-29 October inclusive). This hospitality is also extended to a maximum of one registered accompanying person accommodated in the same room as the participant. Participants and accompanying persons will be responsible for all additional expenses (room service, mini-bar, laundry, local and international phone calls, etc.).
Liability. Participants take part in the TWAS Meeting and accompanying events at their own risk. Neither TWAS nor The Government of the Sultanate of Oman can be held liable for any personal injury or property damage suffered during travel to and from as well as during the participants' stay in Muscat.
Weather. In October, the temperature in Muscat ranges between 22 and 25°C during the day, and may drop to 18 °C at night.
Information about Oman. For more information about Oman and tourist attraction please visit: www.omantourism.gov.om
Addresses for Correspondence and Further Information
TWAS 25th General Meeting
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-427/327
Fax: +39 040 2240559
The Research Council
P.O Box 1422, PC 130
Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Phone: 00968 22305452
Fax: 00968 2450 9820
- Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- The Research Council (TRC)
- Sultan Qaboos University (SQU)
Image at top: Grand Mosque, Muscat, Oman. Credit: Flickr/José M. Alonso