COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI), Pakistan ranks among the top five Higher Education Institutions of Pakistan. It has 18 departments in 6 faculties offering 98 academic programmes at the undergraduate, master and doctoral level. It currently has over 37,000 students and over 3,000 faculty members on its 7 campuses in different cities of the country. On the basis of its research output in ISI indexed journals it was ranked at the 2nd position in 2014 by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Besides well-equipped research laboratories for biosciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physics, environment sciences and earth sciences it has research centres for biomedical materials, micro & nano devices, telecommunications and climate research.
TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Please use the “apply now” button at the bottom of this page to start your application once the call is open.
Opening date of this fellowship: 1 June 2022
Closing date of this fellowship: 31 August 2022
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months. NB: In 2018, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT) changed its name to COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI).
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are offered in the following areas of the natural and related applied sciences: Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Management Sciences.
- CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences: Development Studies, Economics, Economics and International Relations.
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- IF applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a PhD degree in a field of social sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Pakistan) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI (see sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the online application form). Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) by emails firstname.lastname@example.org who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Mr. Kashif Masood, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of their CV, a research proposal outline, the completed Foreign Student Information Sheet (available below for download) and scanned copy of their valid passport (just page with picture and biodata). For any queries, please contact email@example.com (NB: Requests will not be accepted at any other email address) (Attention of: Mr. Kashif Masood, CUI Deputy Registrar);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
Submitting your application
- The call for applications is open until 31 August 2022.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PDoc and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
- Applicants to the TWAS-CUI Postdoctoral Programme should send a copy of their application (by e-mail) to CUI.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal using the apply now button at the bottom of this page.
• TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel: +39 040 2240 314
• COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI)
Mr. Kashif Masood
Deputy Registrar (International)
Park Road, Tarlai Kalan
Islamabad 45550. Pakistan
Tel: (+9251) 9049 5272
Fax: (+9251) 924 7010