Opportunity is at the door
Sometimes it may be a fellowship to study abroad. Other times it is a grant that allows the purchase of essential equipment. Often, it is a chance to establish new collaborations, build personal skills and expand professional networks.
For scientists with bright promise or strong accomplishment, TWAS offers a wide range of training and educational opportunities: more than 450 PhD fellowships in eight countries, and up to a million dollars for research grants are available this year. But it's important to act quickly, as the calls will be open only for a limited time. (Check here for more info)
With TWAS' offers at hand, talented scientists from the South can equip new labs, build partnerships and take other steps to shape high-impact careers.
Among the opportunities opening soon:
* Young scientists from developing countries are invited to the Elsevier-TWAS Sustainability Case Studies competition to explore novel ways in which their research could address important global problems. Hurry up! Deadline is 1 February.
* TWAS Prizes: Awards are available to individual scientists in nine fields: agricultural sciences; biology; chemistry; earth, astronomy and space sciences; engineering sciences; mathematics; medical sciences; physics; and social sciences. The call is open, with a deadline of 31 March.
* TWAS's Research Grants supports purchase of laboratory equipment and the training of master's degree students in fields such as biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics. The call is expected to open in mid-February.
* The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) offers PhD fellowships. Applications will be open from March through May 2017.
* The TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme allows postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa to spend three months at a German institute. Deadline: 31 March.
* The Chinese Academy of Sciences and TWAS offer up to 200 students a four-year doctoral degree in China. Deadline: 31 March.
* TWAS offers the world's largest South-South PhD and post-doctoral research fellowship programme. Early-career scientists may choose among 14 partners worldwide. (Learn more)
See more opportunities here.