Events at TWAS and elsewhere
- 11: Deadline to submit applications for PhD scholarships available at icipe, Nairobi, Kenya. One PhD positions is for working on entomological research questions and one for working on clinical and sociological research questions. For more information and to start your online application, please visit http://cbid.icipe.org/apps/tungiasis-2019/index.php.
- 27: Extended deadline to apply for the BA-TWAS-AAAS Regional Workshop on Science Diplomacy. For more information, please visit https://twas.org/opportunity/call-applications-ba-twas-aaas-regional-workshop-science-diplomacy.
- 31: Deadline to submit applications for the CAS-TWAS President’s PhD Fellowship Programme. For more information and to start your online application, please visit https://twas.org/opportunity/cas-twas-presidents-phd-fellowship-programme.
- 1: Deadline to submit applications for the Fellowships for Threatened Scholars. The fellowships support temporary academic positions at colleges, universities, and other research institutions anywhere in the world where the scholars facing threats to their lives or careers can continue their academic work in safety. Information about how to apply can be found here.
- 1: Deadline to submit applications for the TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme. For more information and to start your online application, please visit https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-dfg-cooperation-visits-programme.
- 15: Deadline to submit applications for the Joint Excellence in Science and Humanities (JESH) programme of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. The programme aims to provide young scholars in all fields of research from target developing countries the opportunity to initiate or intensify international contacts and cooperation. for more information click here.
- 22: Deadline to submit applications for the TWAS Research Grants Programme in Basic Sciences for Individuals and Groups. For more information and to start your online application, please visit https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-research-grants-programme-basic-sciences-individuals and https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-research-grants-programme-basic-sciences-groups.
- 30: Deadline to submit applications for the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists Fellowships. This Fellowship of up to USD 50,000, provided by IDRC, is offered to women scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs) who have completed their PhDs in STEM subjects and are employed at an academic or scientific research institute in one of the eligible countries. For more information click here.
- 15: Deadline to submit videos for the 3rd ISDE Video Competition, organized by the International Society of Digital Earth (ISDE), who will announce the winner in September, 2019, at Florence, Italy, during the 11th ISDE Symposium “Digital Earth in a Transformed Society”. The video should present the author’s CV and her/his the goals and objectives for contributing to the International Society for Digital Earth in order to encourage a societal transformation towards sustainability, resilience to natural disasters, etc. For more details click here.
- 30: Deadline to submit applications for the PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries. For more information and to start your online application, please visit https://owsd.net/career-development/phd-fellowship.
- 31: Deadline to submit nominations for the IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program. Professional mathematicians are invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students from developing countries who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own home country. For more details click here.