Events at TWAS and elsewhere
- 1: Deadline to submit applications for the Fellowships for Threatened Scholars offered by IIE. The IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF) provides fellowships for professors, researchers, and public intellectuals who face threats to their lives and careers in their home countries. Contact email@example.com to learn how to refer a threatened scholar in need of assistance. Details on how to apply can be found here. To learn more about how to host an IIE-SRF scholar visit http://scholarrescuefund.org/hosts/become-host-partner.
- 15: Deadline to apply for several of the TWAS PhD and postdoctoral fellowhips:
- TWAS-USM Postgraduate Fellowship Programme and TWAS-USM Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme and TWAS-DBT Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- 15-17: The “18th CTWF International Symposium on Aerosol and Climate Change: Observations, Modeling & Interactions”, this year’s international conference of CAS-TWAS-WMO Forum on Climate Science (CTWF), will be held in Beijing, China.
- 17: Deadline to submit applications for the Joint Fellowship scheme between the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) and the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO). The SCAR/WMO Fellowship Programme is open to researchers from developing countries and is designed to encourage the active involvement of early-career researchers in furthering our understanding of Antarctica.
- 18-20: The "International Training Workshop on Atmospheric Aerosol: Observation, Modelling and Impact", organised by the CAS-TWAS Center of Excellence for Climate and Environment Sciences (ICCES), will be held in Beijing, China.
- 22: Deadline to apply for the Jennifer Ward Oppenheimer Research Grant. The $150,000 grant seeks to support emerging, African-led, innovative research that will contribute to the advancement of environmental and allied sciences, and address relevant, real-world, African issues of current and future importance. Online applications open 5 July. For more information and to apply online click here.
- 22-23: ISTIC’s 4th Biennial International Conference on Women in Science, Technology and Innovation – “Empowering Women through Technology” in, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 30: Deadline to apply for the TWAS-NRF Doctoral Programme.
- 20: Deadline to apply for the 9th Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award. The innovation must address the problems faced by the disadvantaged resource-poor people in India and offer an original and implementable solution.
- 15: Closing date of the 2019 Call for New Members to join the Global Young Academy. Applications are sought from young, independent scholars who combine the highest level of research excellence with a demonstrated passion for delivering impact.
- 23-25: Conference Science, Health, Engineering Policy and Diplomacy; Sustainable Development for the Americas, at the University of Arizona in Tucson, USA.