For developing countries, and especially the Least Developed Countries, PhD scientists help build a foundation for scientific strength and human prosperity. TWAS offers between 100 - 160 PhD fellowships a year at some of the most respected institutions in the developing world. These fellowships are hosted in Brazil, China, India, Pakistan and South Africa.
The results for the 2019 NRF-TWAS PhD fellowships are available here.
- Applications can only be submitted via the online portal once the call is open.
- Please use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of each programme page to start your application once the call is open.
- Both the opening and closing dates will be mentioned on each individual programme page.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
No results for this research.