Scientists from developing countries who have recently earned their PhD can gain invaluable experience working with prominent scientists in a developing country through TWAS fellowships. Postdoctoral fellowships, lasting from six months to three years, are hosted in Brazil, India, Malaysia, Pakistan and Thailand.
- The results of the call for the 2018 CNPq-TWAS PDoc Fellowship are available here.
- From 2018 all applications can only be submitted via the online portal once the call is open.
- Please use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of each programme page to start your application once the call is open.
- Both the opening and closing dates will be mentioned on each individual programme page.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Thailand
Developing countries in the South
Minimum degree held
Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months
- 01-Agricultural Sciences
- 02-Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- 03-Biological Systems and Organisms
- 04-Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- 05-Chemical Sciences