Central African Rep.
Congo, Dem. Rep.
Eswatini, Kingdom of
Palestine (West Bank and Gaza Strip)
São Tomé and Príncipe
United Arab Emirates
His true commitment to the cause and mission of TWAS in sustaining scientific capacity building in the developing world was so strong that he endowed a large sum to TWAS to establish an award in his name.
The award, consisting of USD 5,000 and a certificate, will be given every two years to a mathematical scientist working and living in Africa or Arab regions.
The award will be given for outstanding mathematical work (pure, applied, probability, statistics).
Eligible candidates are national of an African or Arab country, who have been living and working there for a minimum of two years immediately prior to their nomination.
Fellows of TWAS are not eligible. Self nominations will not be considered.
How to nominate a scientist
Nomination dossiers, please refer to the file downloadable below, are to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the given deadline.
Important information for the nominator:
- Please complete the nomination form electronically, save it in the format SURNAME_Initial.doc (e.g. SMITH_D.doc if the candidate’s name is David SMITH), and send it to: email@example.com with the subject: Mohammad A. Hamdan Award _ nomination for Dr. Surname.
- The following three documents must be attached to the e-mail message:
- The nomination form;
- The candidate's curriculum vitae, including a full list of publications
- A supporting statement by the nominator
- Ask the nominee to send by email the following authorization to firstname.lastname@example.org: “In conformity with Article 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, I herewith authorize TWAS to process my personal data for the purposes of my nomination as a candidate for a TWAS Award.”
The subject of the email being: Mohammad A. Hamdan Award _ authorization by Dr. Surname.
Selection is made on scientific merit. A pre-screening of the nominees will be done at TWAS, The nomination dossiers of the qualified candidates will then be submitted to jury members for their evaluation.
Previous winner of the TWAS - Mohammad A. Hamdan Award:
Abdon Atangana, South Africa (nationality: Cameroon), for his contribution to fractal mathematics and partial differential equations.